Are you experiencing the midwinter blues? If you are having trouble taking action or if some of your goals seem to be languishing, then it is time to join the Do North four week DREAM BIG challenge. We are going to join together encouraging each other to go after one dream….one passion that is withering from lack of care.
Over the next four weeks participants will select a dream or desire to push forward in their life. It could be a big goal or maybe it’s a small thing that you just can’t seem to tackle. Often the minor irritations in our life are really blocks to achieving our bigger dreams. Each week I will share new strategies and tools designed to drive your goal forward. AND what would a challenge be without prizes at the end? Prizes include:
- Do North mug – a reminder as you drink your morning coffee to follow your True North
- Two Personal Coaching Sessions – designed to catapult your life forward
- A guided meditation – Releasing the past…embracing the future (mp3 format)
- A Godiva chocolate bar – Doesn’t everything end with chocolate?
To be eligible to win one of the randomly awarded prizes all you need to do is leave a comment on all four DREAM BIG challenge posts. If your comment does not show your name, please include your first name and last initial. You can sign-up through email subscription to be notified of the next post, otherwise just check back each Wednesday. So let’s get started with this week’s strategy for bringing your dream to life.
Strategy for week 1: Envisioning Your Passion
This week take some time and dream about what it is that you would like to create in your life. In order to manifest you passion, you need to dream it into existence. Maybe it’s a new job or relationship. So, what does it look like? If you are struggling with the particulars, then just image how it would feel. Once you have an idea about your dream there are many tools to help you envision your dream. Select a tool from the list below that works best for you.
- Create a Vision Board – Grab a poster board and add images, words, colors and anything else that represents your dream. If you’re a techie and want to create something online, check out pinterest.com. It’s like a virtual cork board.
- Use the sound device on your smart phone and record what your dream looks like. I call this creating a dream script. When recording don’t say “when” or “if”, instead state everything in present tense, (e.g. I am…).
- Use a mapping software to chart out the pieces that make up your dream. There are great free mapping programs like freeplane or freemind.
- Create a “day in the life” of your dream – You know what your dream is, so what would a day be like if your dream became reality. Write it out or try jotting down a day’s schedule that represents you living your dream.
After you have finished this process find a way to interact with what you created each day. You can put the vision board on your dresser or listen to the dream script each morning. If you charted out the pieces of your dream, post the map somewhere or consider putting the “pieces” of your dream on post-it notes and sticking them on your bathroom mirror. Just make sure that each day you spend a few moments reflecting on what you dream looks or feels like.
So, what are you dreaming into reality? Happy Dreaming!